The mainstream media has done it for decades. Sometimes it works (Dan Quayle) and sometimes it doesn’t (Ronald Regan). They do their best to portray a conservative as a complete idiot (and failing that, they go with mean). They jump on mistakes and gaffes and blow the hell out of them in their reporting. And when that’s not enough, they make shit up. There’s no need to go through the names of the maligned, we know who they are… and I’m sure my friends on the left who eat this (MSM) stuff up will say they were idiots. I disagree… but that is not the point of this post.
Based on media reporting, the GOP has a monopoly on idiot candidates and office holders, particularly at the highest levels of government. Name one high-level Democrat depicted by the media as an idiot. We’re talking about President, VP, House or Senate Leadership, Supreme Court… Name one…
(Oh what the hell)… According to the MSM smear machine: Ronald Reagan (mean, then senile); Dan Quale (dumb); George Bush (dumb); Sarah Palin (dumb); Newt Gingrich (mean); Clarence Thomas (dumb)…
Bill Clinton (loveable scamp); Hillary Clinton (smartest woman on earth); Barack Obama (great orator, genius); Joe Biden (Average Joe from humble beginnings)(a lie by the way); Al Gore (climate change, scholar); Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan (scholarly, wise, judicious); Nancy Peloci (first woman speaker); even Jimmy Carter (great Ex-President)
Am I saying all these leftist people are really idiots? No. As a matter of fact most are very, very, smart. BUT there is one or two (or three) that when you really look at it… aren’t… and aren’t by a long shot.
Right off the bat… Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi aren’t the brightest bulbs in the no vacancy sign. BUT then we reflect on Joe Biden, and realize that even these two can’t hold a flickering candle to him.
Here are a few recent gaffes by Joe Biden. A few are just slips of the tounge, that one would normally excuse, but I list them because if a conservative had made them; they would have been in the news cycle for days.
- Joe Biden…
- Claimed he finished in the top half of his class at Syracuse Law School (he graduated 76th of 85)
- Plagiarized British Labour leader Neal Knnock in speech where he said “I started thinking as I was coming over here, Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university?” He not only lifted the words… but also the gestures Mr. Knnock used. Joe never denied it; he just said it was “much ado about nothing”.
- Referred to his now boss (Obama) as a “articulate”, “bright”, “clean-cut”, “nice-looking” African-American (as opposed to what Joe; the norm for African Americans is what according to you?)
- Explained that “If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong.”
- In a shout-out to a wheel-chair confined man… “I’m told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let ‘em see you.”
- Announced that he favored gay marriage (I actually think this was planned and staged)
- Explained “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
- Called Obama “President Clinton”
- Called Romney “President Romney” (hopefully prophetic)
- Suggested that the Irish drink too much
- Crossed himself in front of a meeting of over 1000 rabbis
- Made a visit to what he called the Florida “Evergators”
- Said “Folks, where’s it written we cannot lead the world in the 20th century in making automobiles?” (No this statement wasn’t made over a decade ago, it was made in August of 2012… in the 21st century.)
- Addressing a black audience adopted a southern accent and explained that Romney would “put ya’ll back in chains”
This list could go on, and on, and on, and on… but my point is; if you get your news from the old media, the main stream media, chances are you haven’t heard of many of these gaffes. And the few you have heard of were pitched as no big deal. Contrast that with what would have happened if ANY Republican or conservative had made them…
Joe Biden IS what the media would portray any and all Republicans as being if they could. He is a complete moron. And that’s OK, God love him… we can’t all be geniuses or in some cases middle-tier… The problem is; this guy is one heart-beat from the Presidency. Of course it could be worse; just two short years ago Joe AND Nancy were in the succession order.